I am a PhD candidate in computer science at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. I work with Andrew McCallum at the Information Extraction and Synthesis Laboratory (IESL) and Hamed Zamani at the Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR). My current interests involve the development of resources and methods in interactive machine learning and natural language processing to facilitate greater user control and transparency in search and recommendation. My broader interests lie in developing tools to improve various stages of the scientific workflow and building better online communities while drawing on methods in natural language processing, information retrieval, and human-computer interaction.
You can view my CV here: link
Or send me an email if you want to speak to me.
- May 2022: Had a paper proposing system for cross-domain exploratory search accepted to the NLP+HCI Workshop at NAACL 2022.
- Apr 2022: Had a paper proposing a method for fine-grained document similarities accepted to NAACL 2022.
- Oct 2021: Had a paper introducing the faceted query-by-example task accepted to the NeurIPS 2021 Datasets and Benchmarks track!
- Aug 2021: Had a paper introducing a dataset for scientific entity extraction accepted to EMNLP 2021!
- Jun 2021: Had a fantastic time interning at the AI2 Semantic Scholar team over the summer with Tom Hope and Arman Cohan.
- Sep 2020: Had a paper proposing a method for retrieval augmented shallow-semantic parsing accepted at Findings of EMNLP 2020.
- Sep 2019: Spent a great summer at IBM Research, Almaden working on explainable models for Entity Resolution with Sairam Gurajada, Prithviraj Sen, Kun Qian and Lucian Popa.
- Sep 2019: Had a paper proposing a method for knowledge augmented roll-call vote prediction accepted at CoNLL 2019.
- Aug 2019: Presented our paper releasing a dataset of shallow semantic structures for materials science procedural text at the Linguistic Annotation Workshop at ACL 2019.